TecPlata has a total area of 41 hectares. It starts its operations with a 600 m linear dock and two dolphins that allow extending its operational capacity to 660 m. The area allocated to beaches for the storage of containers, circulation and other services, in this first stage comprises 25 hectares that can be easily expanded.
The initial capacity of the Terminal reaches 450,000 TEU’s per year. With subsequent expansion works, the total capacity would reach 900,000 TEU’s per year.
INFRASTRUCTURE AND EQUIPMENT
- Four gantry cranes with a range of 55 meters for Post-Panamax ships
- Nine gantry cranes on tires (RTG)
- Two Reach Stackers with full container handling capacity
- Three Side Lifters for operations with empty containers
- Tractors and chassis for the transport of containers within the Terminal
- Ground Slots Terminal (TGS): 1758
- Plugs for the connection of reefer containers: 1020
- Access lines: 6 lanes (2 reversible)
- Parking area for 200 trucks
- A state-of-the-art scanner, for inspection of fixed arc loads, with a scanning capacity of 100 containers per hour
- Pre-gate area
- Terminal Operating System: Navis N4